Why Buy A Resin Sculpture?
Have you considered a resin sculpture for your office? Likely not. But there are plenty of reasons your decor would benefit from a personalised art piece.
Resin is a lightweight material, and it can be adapted to resemble porcelain, stone, bronze and marble! No matter your office colour scheme or theme, you’ll be able to develop a resin sculpture to perfectly suit your space or accentuate your light.
Perhaps you’re still unconvinced. At Midton, we can promise that your office environment sets the tone for any workday and beautiful surroundings are worth the investment. Still, why buy a resin sculpture? What benefits will you see? This article will cover exactly why you need a resin sculpture.
Firstly, What Is Resin?
Resin is a unique compound of chemicals hardened to form a more durable material. Four types of resin are used to create art. Types of resin include epoxy, acrylic, polyurethane, silicone and polyester ‘fibreglass’ resin. If you’re planning to create objects using moulds, like sculptures, acrylic resin is the best option.
Why Choose Resin For Your Sculpture?
Resin’s glass-like lustre, strength and plastic-like composition are what make the material both attractive and versatile. It is as suitable for fluid art as it is for impressive, wall-length sculptures. Simply put, any resin material is the chameleon of art supplies and can be applied with various mediums.
What Can Be Made With Resin?
There are endless possibilities for what you can create with acrylic resin, as long as you can develop a mould for it. Rather than creating a product from scratch, you can also preserve items in acrylic. Acrylic castings are a more unusual form of sculpture. They encapsulate everyday items and can take forms other than a basic cube. Still, they’re a minor form of art that can jazz up any desk.
What Are The Benefits Of A Sculpture?
- A sculpture can kill stress: Decorating a workplace with warm features and a stunning sculpture can create an atmosphere of comfort and familiarity. If you incorporate your calming company colours into your sculpture, it can instantly relax your staff members! Using a sculpture to liven up any dull corner of your office means that even the dreariest rooms away from sunlight aren’t stressful to be stuck inside.
- Beautiful surroundings increase productivity: Your productivity can’t help but increase when you’re in a place that is inspiring and creative. An exciting sculpture sets the tone for your office and encourages artistic thought. Never underestimate the power of design! You can personalise a resin sculpture as much as you’d like, and it can reflect your business values in colour and text. The sight of your statue could inspire new ideas!
- A sculpture is an ice breaker: Sometimes colleagues won’t know how to start a conversation and strike up a friendship. Having easy conversation points like a sculpture can ease staff members into comfortable chatter since everybody has experienced your artwork. Your office doesn’t need to be an art gallery, but it’s easier to talk to anybody when you find some common ground! A sculpture can provide quick common ground.
- Sculptures can reinforce company values: Since your sculpture can be entirely personalised, the design can embody your company values. Suppose sustainability is a huge concern for your business, and you dedicate time and effort to the environment. In that case, you can design your sculpture with this in mind. Your artwork can include your desire to help the environment in printed or engraved text. You can create the sculpture with sustainable plastic.
- Artwork can be motivating: Should you incorporate your company values into your sculpture, your artwork will also remind employees daily of the mission they’re trying to pursue. On days where your team lacks confidence within their role, the statue can act as a visual reminder of what you’re trying to accomplish together. Even if everybody is sick of recycling, the artwork reinforces your ultimate vision for sustainability.
Will A Resin Sculpture Impact Your Customers?
Of course, your customers are your main priority and your top concern at any time. As beautiful as sculptures can be and as exciting as designing artwork for your office may appear, it’s understandable if you don’t believe a sculpture will impact your customers. After all, workplace decorations won’t concern fans of your business that haven’t experienced your office!
A resin sculpture is very likely to impact your customers, and here are a few reasons why:
- Artwork, or a lack of it, will visually define your company. Just as a logo represents your brand, any sculptures or paintings you invest in will reflect your values as a brand. Suppose you favour a bright and bold sculpture. In that case, you embody a brilliant and fearless attitude, while muted tones give the impression your company is more relaxed and reserved. Your values educate what attitude your staff will display towards your customers, which will directly impact them.
- Commissioning artwork encourages new relationships. Unless your speciality is in sculpture design and creation, you’re likely to seek the advice of experts for your artwork! Commissioning your new piece from a local artist or a bespoke acrylic manufacturer builds your presence and your reputation with other businesses. Other businesses have the potential to refer clients to you, so you could secure more customers by simply sorting a sculpture for your office.
- A sculpture would be ideal for showing on social media. You are entirely correct when you say that few of your customers will experience your office, but you could change that with some photos. A personalised sculpture would be fabulous to document for your social media and demonstrate that you invest in beautiful surroundings for your staff. A peek behind the scenes in your office with your artwork encourages a feeling of loyalty from your fans! It’s a win-win.
Get started designing your own acrylic sculpture with our experienced team at Midton. Regardless of your brand colours, company slogan, or height and weight requirements, our team will develop artwork that you’ll be proud to display in your office! We have the expertise to create fully custom materials that’ll suit your every requirement. Contact us to begin your acrylic design journey; you won’t regret it!
Bespoke Lighting – Lancaster Ginnels
BCL Lighting Design reached out to us here at Midton in 2018 to collaborate on the creation of a lighting…
Tom Daxon: bespoke point of sale
We work with luxury British fragrance house, Tom Daxon, to produce unique point of sale. Tom Daxon…